Subject:        Re: [Elecraft] K3 SHUTTING DOWN OPERATING JT65
Date:   Tue, 25 Jul 2017 16:01:10 +0100
From:   Colin <colin.g3...@gmail.com>
To:     elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Mike, I am experiencing a similar thing.   I had a session on FT8 a few
days ago and my K3 shut down completely, in fact it blew a 20A fuse on
my alternate 20A PSU but just shuts down on my 40A supply.

One thing I notice is that it appears to be drawing nearly 5 Amps on
receive which is excessive and one occasion while I was testing actually
shut down on receive.

It isn't the DC lead as I have replaced that with a factory supplied item.

I'm still working on it but unless the experts in this group have any
ideas I will attempt to re-invent the wheel.

73

Colin, G3PSM