I have had this issue with my KX2 paddle and have two observations:

On my paddle, the screw that is meant to hold the standoff to the plastic
body will actually screw tightly into the plastic body *without* the
standoff.  When this happens, additional torque applied with a screwdriver
has no effect on the standoff.

When my paddle got loose I tightened the screw with a screwdriver, but then
later (after it got loose multiple times) I realized that the screw felt
tight because the threads were *gripping the plastic. *The connection with
the standoff was still fairly loose, the torque I put on the screwdriver
was blocked by the tight fit of the screw's threads to the plastic.

The solution I used was to turn the standoff while jogging the screw back
and forth with a screwdriver until I felt the standoff grip against the
other side of the plastic, then continue to jog the assembly while
tightening the screw about another quarter turn, to the point where the
screw was nice and tight against the standoff and *also* tight against the
plastic.  This approach has kept the screw and standoff stable without the
need for glue.

I think that if future releases of the paddle were manufactured with a
slightly larger hole in the plastic, then it would be easier to achieve a
tight fit between the screw and the standoff.  I'd also be curious if a
small lock-washer on the standoff side might help make the assembly more
immune to vibration.

73,
Matt NQ6N