This is one reason that I won't buy a JA brand radio.  Seems that all of the companies have a "new radio of the month" introduction, thus deflating the value of the brands/models that hams bought in the past few months.    Hams in general a cheap, buy today and loose money on the deal next week because the same brand/model can now be obtained for less money.

The Elecraft products have been solid for years.  That speaks well of the company and their values.   Although no longer producing ham products, another US company followed the same practice.  I have several of their radios as well.  Besides, I purchase performance radios to keep and use every day, not what's popular in the marketplace.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

73

Bob, K4TAX