Most Japanese companies design a product (radio, computer, whatever) and do one production run.

Then they reset the production line and make something else.

If the product was wildly popular, they might reset the line and do a second run, but most likely there will be at least some redesign, or it could be a new model entirely.

I would imagine that Elecraft keeps a steady production rate depending in inventory and demand.

Totally different business model.

73 -- Lynn