I had a HexKey from Elecraft for quite awhile.  It was basically the Bencher BY-1 paddle mechanism on a hexagonal base that was somewhat heavier [and more stable] than the BY-1 base.  Dave, W8FGU, made me a cover.

A deficiency in both the BY-1 and HexKey was the contact adjustment screws.  The threads are fairly coarse and adjustment was very touchy and not readily repeatable.

Old injuries and resultant arthritis in my hands was making the HexKey hard to use and I now use an N3ZN single-lever which has really helped.  Additionally, the adjustment screws are 52 TPI and very easy to get right.  The ZN-SL is also on a much heavier base and never moves.  Dave made a cover for it too.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County