From: Rick Bates (WA6NHC) [mailto:wa6...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 1:35 PM
To: Erik Basilier <ebasil...@cox.net>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 faulting on high VSWR on power rise

I’ve always presumed that the ratings were based on 1:1 SWR as there is no
reasonable way to define it otherwise.   Actual ratings at other loads can be
inferred on that basis.

An end fed dipole is MUCH harder to tame than a dipole (or fan dipole) and
inherently challenging to keep the RF away from places like the shack.

Rick WA6NHC

Smell Czech correction happen