I have some noise cancelling headphones which I sometimes use to quiet airplane noise. They make it possible to listen to music without blowing out my ears from too much volume.

I always use them when our ARES/RACES group does communication for the Los Gatos Children's Holliday Parade. I can actually hear net control with a marching band next to me. (I also use a noise cancelling mic.)

I haven't used them during CQP, but the RadioSport headphones I used last time really kept the outside chatter down. They should be useful in a tent/room of SSB operators.

Since they work as normal headphones when the noise cancelling feature is turned off or the battery is dead, they are useful in many places.

73 Bill AE6JV