On 5/7/2020 10:38 AM, Ken Widelitz wrote:
built a breakout box so it only is used on my mostly deaf left ear. The
PRAS works so well that I actually forget I have a hearing deficit while
doing SO2R. I have a hearing aid for my left ear, but it doesn't improve
intelligibility at all. The PARS unit improves intelligibility amazingly
well.

Very interesting, Ken. Differing hearing loss between ears is quite common, which suggests that it could be useful for the new K4 to incorporate the ability to EQ left and right headphone channels separately! I've often recommended to ham friends with hearing loss to use the K3/K3S/KX2/KX3 to compensate by massive cut of low audio frequencies and massive boost the the top bands, and guys have told me that it helps a lot.

Wayne, are you listening?

73, Jim K9YC