Adding to the small but growing chorus of over-ear 'cans.'    I have an
MDR-V6 and a 7506 -- and want for nothing.  On ear is damned uncomfortable
and I shudder when i think of putting something in my ears.   My son with
his ear buds - he can keep 'em.   I can wear the V6 all day with no
discomfort.

Postscript:  i just ordered velour cushions for the two Sony cans.   Can't
wait.  That will be Nirvana.

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 10:53 AM <kd...@frawg.org> wrote:

> Clay,
>
> Have to agree about OTE headphones. I am hearing impaired and have not
> found a "truly compatible" over the hearing aid solution. The best one for
> me so far is the Sennheiser S1 avionic headset (no longer available). I
> happened to have one from my flying days. It has the best TX and RX noise
> cancelling function I have found. It is a shame that Sennheiser did not
> continue them. I have not played with the Bose or LightSpeed sets since my
> early experience with both being too tight.
>
> I have used the Sennheiser PXC 550 II set with the Kenwood D74A BT feature
> and gotten good voice reports. They are also OTE and good for those of us
> with larger hat sizes, but did not work acceptably without taking off the
> hearing aids. They do work without a lot of BT lag so might be acceptable
> for CW.
>
> I never used either with my KX3.
>
> Jack - KD4IZ

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*