The answer to your question  seems obvious to me.  I am not a lawyer.  Your
equipment had to operate too much more stringent requirements because human
life is at stake.  The part 15 "must accept" clause says that if you are
being interfered with on your Part 15 device, is it not legal grounds to
award damages in a court case.  It won't keep someone from from filing a
suit.  But without that clause we hams might be hauled into court by every
one who is interfered with.  We have been, but Part 15 has kept the
practice from proliferating.  Devices sold under part 15 are not used in
situations where human life is at stake.  Well they probably are, but are
not designed specifically to operate that way as are aircraft radio and
navigation systems.

In addition, the "must accept" clause releases hams from the legal and
financial obligations to correct the problem.  I should think that it also
releases the manufacturer from that also.

I'm not a lawyer.  It's just my take on it.

73,

Dave, K4TO