Wow!! Awesome post. Thanks for sharing this. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> Date:
11/10/22  1:46 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Alan Geller <alan_geller2...@yahoo.com> Cc:
Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] QRP and
contesting Funny story.... Last Field Day my son and a friend of his went
camping with our group. Neither of them are CW operators (yet), but they did
know the alphabet. They borrowed a MCU-controlled code-practice generator from
another op and were competing to see who could copy single letters at the
fastest rate. When they got stuck at around 20 WPM, I said, "how fast does that
thing go?" It apparently would go much, much higher, into Morse nosebleed
range. Just for fun, I asked them to set it up to generate random English text
at 45 WPM. I decoded enough of it to convince them that this code speed was in
my head-copy range. Then they started bumping it up another 5 WPM at a time--a
challenge! I was in some sort of zone that day. Maybe it was the sunshine;
maybe the idyllic sound of blue jays; maybe the 4-pack of White Claw I'd scored
at the liquor store. In the end I managed to copy several words at 70 WPM. I'll
never know if they were inspired or demoralized. They shook their heads and
went off on a 5 mile hike.WayneN6KR> On Nov 10, 2022, at 10:16 AM, Alan Geller
<alan_geller2...@yahoo.com> wrote:> > Yea Wayne, thats the terrific Elecraft
attitude that keeps your customer base strong and loyal. > Its called, “ lets
all have fun and learn something” Hooray for the serious high speed ops, a >
Lot of ex Navy guys, but its pretty easy to spot the slow lane and ease back
into the fast lane.> > Happy Veterans Day youse guys….K6ADG> > > > > > I'm in
this group. Casual contest operation, usually QRP, mostly CW, and almost always
logging by hand.> > I greatly appreciate all of the very serious ops out there
who approach this with a high level of skill and give everyone -- regardless of
ability -- that next
http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.htmlMessage delivered to n...@comcast.net