Funny story.... Last Field Day my son and a friend of his went camping with our
group. Neither of them are CW operators (yet), but they did know the alphabet.
They borrowed a MCU-controlled code-practice generator from another op and were
competing to see who could copy single letters at the fastest rate.

When they got stuck at around 20 WPM, I said, "how fast does that thing go?" It
apparently would go much, much higher, into Morse nosebleed range.

Just for fun, I asked them to set it up to generate random English text at 45
WPM. I decoded enough of it to convince them that this code speed was in my
head-copy range. Then they started bumping it up another 5 WPM at a time--a
challenge! I was in some sort of zone that day. Maybe it was the sunshine;
maybe the idyllic sound of blue jays; maybe the 4-pack of White Claw I'd scored
at the liquor store. In the end I managed to copy several words at 70 WPM. I'll
never know if they were inspired or demoralized. They shook their heads and
went off on a 5 mile hike.

Wayne
N6KR