One of my favorite Dilbert videos - when mom discovers her son has "the knack"."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zee9HV7c11E

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
From "Nate Bargmann" <n...@n0nb.us>
To elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date 9/16/2023 22:09:44
Subject Re: [Elecraft] OT: The day I found out I was going to be an engineer

* On 2023 16 Sep 13:24 -0500, jerry wrote:
 On 2023-09-15 17:31, Wayne Burdick wrote:
 > I was 8 years old.

 *** I've been trying to interest my 9 year old in electronics & radio.  Am
 leveraging his love for making things.  Which
 mostly is alas focused on Legos.

Don't push too hard.  Even though dad fixed some TVs up until I was six
or seven, I didn't gain an interest in electronics until after high
school at age 17.  As a youth I had Lego, Tinker Toys, and Erector Sets.
All were educational in various ways.

Exposure to various hands-on things will let him find what he likes.
Even simple computer programming will be beneficial.

73, Nate, N0NB

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

Message delivered to k...@charter.net