Ouch!! That's a great story though. I got similar personal support from the
National company back in the 60's. Elecraft's excellent customer support
isn't something new; it's just something that's been missing from too many
companies for too many years.

You might try the suggestion Don Wilhelm made: put a large (appx 470k ohm)
resistor in series with the hot side of the mic and drive the K2 directly
with it. He's heard that it still has enough gain to work that way.

Of course, the large resistor is essential to preserve the frequency
response characteristic: that is affected by the load impedance on the
output.

Ron AC7AC