-----Original Message-----
From: Brett gazdzinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Looking at the manual, it looks like building the K3 is going
to be really fun!

Just like every other Elecraft product.....

I think you get the really fun part of building, without the endless
soldering in of .01 caps and so on....

Hey! I like soldering!

I always liked the winding and mounting of toroids, mounting
of the chips and transistors and other parts, only the (seemingly)
endless
installation of caps and resistors got old after an hour or two...

I always found it relaxing. But then I like to line up all the color codes and capacitor labels up the same way, too....

The only thing that bugs me is it looks from the pictures like
the K3 uses the same (no fidelity) speaker as the K2.

Simple fix: External speaker.

Wonderful, like old heathkits, that you can take the entire radio
apart to fix a problem easy, any problem, and have instructions on
how to do so.

Just like every other Elecraft product.....

And you'll be able to get factory-direct parts and technical support.

It looks like there is a lot of extra room inside the K3, unlike
any of the other brand rigs.

None of that is "extra" room. It's all there for a reason.

You watch - there will be some neat stuff for that space. The folks at Elecraft probably haven't even thought some of it up yet.

73 de Jim, N2EY