A really really good bandscope can be had through using the SDR-IQ from
RFSpace connected to the IF output of the K3. It can also record 180kHz
worth of the band. Non-computer based methods are also possible, but the
computer realisation is so much more versatile. The SDR-IQ software can
interface directly to the K3 RS232, so you can point and click when
something interesting appears on the bandscope and centre it in the K3 IF.
Ah yes, and this is a bandscope that can demodulate too, all modes.

Regarding Dayton and the Elecraft stand

It was nice to see everyone there. There was quite a crush around Wayne and
Eric whenever I passed by. They looked like they were enjoying themselves
too. It was good to see the second rx working and the nice features of the
firmware associated with it. I found out several interesting things about
their future plans too, including the plans for a keyboard and variable
bandwidth filters. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about the prospects for a
linear amplifier once the K3 project settles down.

Mike