Well, I have my LP-PAN on order and can't wait to receive it. I ordered mine
assembled so I may have to wait a couple of weeks more for it. I don't mind
being tethered to a computer while operating. Truth is I have become so
dependent on my logging program (HRD), QRZ.com, DX cluster, etc. that I
can't imagine operating without one. I even bring a wireless laptop when
operating outside on nice days in the summer.
And if band activity is low, I can spend the lulls browsing my forums and
mailing lists.

>From what I hear, the LP-PAN should be second to no other pan adapter and
the ability to use it as a 2nd receiver is very attractive, too. I am quite
excited at the prospect of adding a DRM decoder behind it (BC DRM - not the
narrow band ham version), although there are ruminations that DRM is a dud
in the marketplace and may disappear.

Knut - AB2TC