Keith Darwin wrote:
>> each step.  When I step to 500 Hz and the narrow roofing filter kicks

>> in, I can hear a distinct change, more than just the DSP narrowing
I'd
>> heard while stepping from 1000 Hz to 550 Hz.  The effect is very
>> noticeable.

Jim replied:
> Keith, Can you describe this "change" closer.

We'll, let's see.  When the 500 Hz filter kicks in, the resulting audio
becomes more focused.  There are noticeably less highs and esp. lows.
Any low rumbly "grunge" from off freq. signals drops to zero and high
freq chatter becomes much weaker.  I like the effect and find the rig to
be more pleasing to use at 500 Hz than at 550 Hz due to the steeper
compound filter skirts.  I'm considering a 1000 Hz roofing filter to
make the rig sound better between 550 and 1000 Hz bandwidth.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -