Lyle -

Thanks for the correction. I saw the description on the schematic and thought I was doing the right thing. Back in L7 goes, and I will look for L7 on the KIO3 board.

Monty

I bit the bullet and removed L4 and L7 this morning. It is not difficult; they are both on the back of the front panel board.

L4 on the front panel board is related to the issues some folks are having when using the front panel mic connector with various audio routers. It can be shorted with a jumper from pin 8 of the mic jack to ground.

L7 on the KIO3 audio I/O board can also be bypassed for the same reasons when using the rear panel mic jack in similar installations.

L7 on the front panel board is for reduction of noise from the RS232 serial port lines and should definitely not be bypassed!

73,

Lyle KK7P