I just added a jumper around (well, actually over) my L4. No need to risk
possible PCB damage by completely removing the RFCs.

Unless the RFC begins to move under heat and begins bridging to an adjacent pad or trace. Even when being careful, SMT/SMD parts can slightly shift on the PCB.

Just my $0.02, but I prefer the removal of the RFC and short the pads with 0-ohm resistors, or fine magnet/buss wire. Removal of surface-mounted components is generally easier than that of through-hole components. Also important is that owing to packaging density, some of the pads and traces in the K3 are extremely delicate and it does not take much lateral pressure on some SMT/SMD components to accidentally remove a pad or trace. No matter what style of component work-around you use, treat the pads and traces with utmost respect..

Also, as Lyle pointed out, L4 and L7 in question are on separate PCBs (Main DSP Board and KIO3). Anyone contemplating the mod should first familiarize themselves with the schematics or they may be removing the wrong component since identical component designators are used in the K3 across multiple PCBs.

Paul, W9AC