Brian,

Whether figure 3 is applicable to your K3 or nor depends on how you have
the subRX antenna connection physically connected.

If you have connected the subRX antenna to the Aux RF BNC connector, the
configuration shown in Figure 3 is not possible whthout changing the
antenna cable to the subRX.  With the cable from the BNC to the subRX
connected, you may choose to connect the subRX to either the main RX
antenna or the the AUX RF input.

To connect the subRX auxiliary input to the non-transmit KAT3 antenna,
the TMP cable from the KAT3 to the subRX antenna input must be in place
(instead of the TMP cable from the BNC).

Factory built K3s with the subRX installed have the BNC cable installed
and a separate TMP cable is shipped with the K3 to allow the user to
change to the non-transmit KAT3 antenna.

All of this is explained on pages 24 and 25 of the KRX3 installation
manual.  The first paragraph on page 25 says it all - "only one of these
options can be installed at one time".

73,
Don W3FPR