Set the TX DLY menu item to a lower setting....I found that anything below 10
worked OK.

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Wed Feb 25 15:41 , Robert Mccormack  sent:

>At ZM1A (multi-two) during the ARRL DX CW contest we received some reports
of "choppy" CW when CT was keying via the 'Key' socket.
>Monitoring the signal with a K2 (dummy load in antenna socket) confirmed the
reports.   CW sent using the paddle was normal.
>Both 'station one' K3 and 'station two' K3 had the same problem - substituting
spare K3 made no difference.   BTW, it's not RF getting into the computer - the
keying is just as bad at 5 watts out.

>We continued operating, using the K3 memories for CQing and the exchange -
>luckily
it wasn't a serial number.

>I don't know when this "choppy" keying problem started because the K3s are
>only
keyed by CT during contests, but today we tried a spare 746Pro which eliminated
the
problem.

>So the problem is specific to our K3s, all of which had  MCU 2.67 installed
>plus
the 'CW rise time' and RS-232 RF immunity mods in early February...