Group,

This is off topic and I would deeply appreciate any responses to be
sent to me off list.  I am posting here because I respect the
knowledge and experience of the people who are members of this
reflector.

This may sound stupid but I have not had experience with this before,
so I ask before I do something stupid.

I use an external antenna switch mounted on the outside wall of my
house to switch in one of six antennas and have a single coax line
coming into the radio room.   I now have four separate radio stations,
2 K3s and two other radios, all set up differently for different types
and modes of operation.  All have amps in line that can be used when
needed -- one a KW and the others 750w output.  Currently I manually
attach the output coax for the station I want to use to the coax lead
coming into the house from the external switch.  A pain.

I want to be able to simply use a manual switch to select the station
that would connect to the external antenna switch coax lead into the
radio room.  I would then use the manual antenna switch to select the
station and the remote controller to select the antenna.  I was
looking at the Alpha Delta manual switch with four switched ports and
a common and then would connect the common to the coax lead coming
from the external antenna switch (DX Engineering) and then each output
coax from each of four stations to the four ports on the Alpha Delta
and then could switch stations via the Alpha Delta manual switch (all
ports not selected go to ground) and, obviously, then select my
antennas as I have been doing using my remote antenna switch.

Again, this sounds stupid, but I have not had to do this before and
always used manual "antenna" switches to simply select antennas.  My
question is this:

Given the Alpha Delta manual switch has  >60dB port isolation -- is
this isolation good enough that I can use the this manual switch to
select stations even though each of the  stations has the capability
delivering up to 1 KW output?  I don't want to blow out the front ends
of the radios connected to this manual switch.

I appreciate any answers that can be sent on to me.  I know this
sounds stupid, but I have been a ham since 1958 and simply have not
had or needed to do this.  I now have four great stations that I
carefully put together as part of a "plan" when I retired and I don't
want to do something stupid at this point.  I have done plenty of
stupid things in the past and more will happen, but I thought I could
simply ask a question here with hopes someone can allay my fears of
using such a switching setup or educate me in those things I don't
understand or did not think of.

Thanks so very much and 73,
Greg K2UM