Wayne Burdick wrote:

> The K2 is a very mature product, and I don't anticipate adding further
> internal modules to it.

Hi Wayne,

Assuming that you had nothing else to do (!!), a Mk II version of the K2
using a different and higher IF than the presently used 4.914 MHz IF might
be worth considering if it is a viable commercial proposition.

The benefits gained of course would include a reduction in the number of
"troublesome" receiver spurious responses, many of which are responsible for
the many birdies found in the K2, and a reduction in the number of  close-in
and crossover transmitter spurs.

I have been tempted to make this change and other RF/ IF circuit changes to
my K2, also add some minimal shielding on the RF board which need not be
expensive nor heavy.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD