Hi Wayne,

something seems not to work here with the cat commands.
When I send the cat commands only VFO A changes by 10Hz steps, whether I use
UPn;/UPBn; or DNn;/DNBn. No change in VFO B. The other commands do what they
supposed to.
Am I missing something?

73 de Roland, DC1RS

wayne burdick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In a recent discussion about SPLIT, many proposals were made (too
> many :)  Others argued for no change.
>
> With this in mind, we've created a new "switch macro" feature. It
> allows you to create your own variation on SPLIT -- or any other radio
> function -- and execute it with a single switch press. In effect,
> you'll be creating your own custom firmware for the K3 that automates
> control sequences you use most.
>
> Example #1 (SPLIT+2):
>
>     A>B
>     A>B
>     SPLIT
>     VFO B up 2
>     RIT and XIT off
>
> Example #2 (WEAKSIG):
>
>     Sub ON
>     Diversity mode
>     main/sub preamps on
>     200-Hz bandwidth
>     center passband
>
> Many other combinations are possible, limited only by the K3's remote-
> control command set and the macro length limit (presently 56 bytes).
> You'll be able to set VFO frequencies or RIT/XIT offsets, adjust gain
> or filter controls, and virtually "tap" or "hold" nearly any control
> on the radio.
>
> First, you enter a sequence of K3 control commands into one or more
> macros using K3 Utility, which can store them in the K3's EEPROM.
> Next, you assign the macros to any of the K3's 10 programmable
> function switches (PF1, PF2, M1-M4 tap, or M1-M4 hold) using the new
> MACRO menu entry.
>
> After that, activating the switch will perform the desired functions,
> and the name of the macro will flash on VFO B as a reminder (e.g.,
> "SPLIT+2").
>
> This feature is presently being evaluated by our field testers. But
> we'd like to invite more of you to try it and give us feedback.
>
> If you're interested, please send email directly to n6kr at elecraft
> dot com.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

-----
K3/100 #1243, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-2.1K, KFL3A-400, KRX3, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-400,
KAT3, KXV3A