From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of W0FK
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:41 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] NEW: K3 Front Panel Switch Customization
(create your own SPLIT function, etc.)

Wayne, the macro feature works quite well. Thanks for the great addition! I
now have +2 and +5 splits programmed into my PF1 and PF2 keys. Easy, and a
great time saver!

How about a macro database or exchange page where users could post the
macros they made?  That would allow a faster and easier macro road for those
who (like me) struggle with programming codes. An external device as
suggested by others would also be a great accessory, allowing the
availability of more macros.

73,

Lou, W0FK

Hi all,

In a recent discussion about SPLIT, many proposals were made (too
many :)  Others argued for no change.

With this in mind, we've created a new "switch macro" feature. It
allows you to create your own variation on SPLIT -- or any other radio
function -- and execute it with a single switch press. In effect,
you'll be creating your own custom firmware for the K3 that automates
control sequences you use most.

<<<snip>>>

-----
St. Louis, MO