On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Nick Dokos <nicholas.do...@hp.com> wrote:
> John Hendy <jw.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any updates on this? Could someone provide a minimal example I could
>> try? Or verify that my steps above are correct. I'm not sure why it's
>> not triggering the step by step function execution described.
>>

> I had sent out a note about C-u C-M-x and what you should see in the
> echo area after that, but I don't think I've seen a reply: did you try
> that and did it work as expected?
>
> Either gmane is or I am being stupid right now and cannot find the message
> (maybe it never made it, but gmane cannot seem to find the thread at all
> right now), so I append a copy of that message.

Yes. I guess I didn't explicitly say, but I mentioned that I had
triggered something goofy by accident in my earlier hunt for edebug.
I'll walkthrough right now:
- Got to ob-R.el in emacs
- C-s to find org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process
- C-u C-M-x
- Minibuffer: "Edebug: org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process"
- Visit file test.org
- C-c C-c on the src block
- Well... of course it works now. Not sure what I was doing wrong before.

I pressed space continually until failure, then again to verify the
failing line. It's this one (line 313):

,---
| (output (org-babel-eval org-babel-R-command body))))
`---

When I run this line:

,---
| (org-babel-eval org-babel-R-command
`---

I get this in the minibuffer:

,---
| Result: "C:/Progra~1/R/R-2.15.0/bin/R"
`---

Should I be able to run this from the Windows cmd prompt successfully?
I think this is my problem. Even using tab completion to ensure the
path is correct, I get the same error message "The system cannot find
the path specified" when I run this from cmd!

I guess I honed in on my problem. I can run R from my Start Menu shortcut fine.

Update: I'm on 64bit and just now realized there's another set of R
cmds in ../R-2.15.0/bin/x64/. This is what I needed.

Now my problem is that using R along doesn't produce any output. With
the above modification, I get:

,---
| Fatal error: you must specify '--save', '--no-save' or '--vanilla'
`---

I'm quite close! If I add --no-save, I get exported results but they
include all of the R preamble text from when it starts. Here's my
block for reference:

#+begin_src R :results output org :exports results

x <- c(1:10)
summary(x)

#+end_src

Thanks,