On Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2016 10:14:16 Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jun 08, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >All these issues were harvested in less than halve an hour. What really
> >troubles me is the quietness around here in the light of this experience.
> >Doesn't people use Python (3) yet/anymore for these kind of tasks? Does
> >somebody care? Am I missing something?
>
> Mailman 3 uses Python 3 so we use all the parsing stuff in Python 3.4 and
> 3.5, although we don't use the SMTP policy.  We haven't yet noticed any
> problems with the compat32 (default) policy, probably because it's more
> compatible with the way Python 2 parses things.

Okay, will resort to compat32 policy for the time being. Heading closer
towards the official standards appeared as a good idea, when studying the
manual.

> Also, please don't be so exasperated so quickly.  Just because there hasn't
> been a lot of traffic on this list recently doesn't necessarily mean nobody
> is using it, or doesn't care about bugs.

Barry, David, Stephen, please beg my pardon for sounding overly harsh.
It's been a hard week, and in the face of these issues, I felt completely
lost.

Cheers,
Pete