On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 23:04:46 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen <h...@urpla.net> wrote:
> Usually, when I report such problems nowadays, I add a patch proposal for
> fixing the issue, but these issues were overwhelming me. Needless to mention
> the complexity of the email package itself and my reluctance of studying RFCs.

Yeah, the goal is to encode the knowledge of the RFCs in the code, so
you don't have to read them.  But of course, to work on the code one
must read them, and the more corner cases we support, the better one
has to know the RFCs to work on the code.  Not a nice thing :(.

Still, the code can be made a lot clearer than it currently is.  It is
complex because the RFCs are complex, but it is still more complex
currently than it needs to be.

--David