Gerald Richter wrote:
Mmmh, the code the selects the fields are excatly the same in Embperl 1.3
and 2.0. Also the tests are the same. I don't see that anythings has changed
nor was it intended to change it.

When I do the same test with Embperl 1.3 and 2.0 both return nothing to me

Nope, when I enable Embperl 1.3, it includes whatever is in %fdat in the [$hidden$] field. I am using HTML::EmbperlObject for the handler, in case that matters (don't think it should). I have the following in my apache conf (among other stuff obviously):

<FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
        SetHandler  perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
        #PerlHandler Embperl::Object
        Options     ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

I can literally comment out either version to switch between them. When it's using 2.0, the [$hidden$] does not include things I manually put in %fdat (it does include variables that came into the script in the original query, but not variables that I add later during the script). When I comment out 2.0 and use 1.3, then the variable I put in %fdat is present in the form. I am using literally the minimal case which I gave you, i.e. a file that has only those lines. Obviously base.epl is also being called since this is EmbperlObject, but I don't really see that making a difference (I could be wrong).

Sorry to contradict you Gerald, but I'm looking right at the resulting page source - I can switch back and forth here and it *does* behave the way I'm telling you. I have no idea why you would be seeing something different...

-Neil