Gerald Richter wrote:
Hi Neil,

I'm attaching the Embperl tar and the source file. You should be able to duplicate what I am seeing using these... if not then maybe reality is becoming even more distorted here in America than I thought!

;-)

Let me know if/what you see...

I found the difference. You really used a "bug" in the 1.3 parser.

You wrote [$ hidden $] and I wrote [$hidden$]. The difference is the space
after the hidden. The 1.3 parser interprets this space as an first empty
argument. You can get the same result with [$ hidden , $] (with or without
spaces) in Embperl 2.

I think the way Embperl 2 behaves is more predictable and clean. I don't
think it makes sense to move this bug over to Embperl 2.

You can simple do a   s/hidden/hidden ,/   in your code and things should
work with both versions.

Gerald

Thanks Gerald, that does work. Wow, I never realized I was using a bug all this
time! ;-)

I still think that it makes more sense to just use $fdat for all the form fields. It's simple: You get all the inputs there, and you can then add things to it, and these will get included in the hidden fields if you use [$ hidden $]. It's a one-stop-shop, all form data in one place.

But, your call of course. I'm sure it makes sense inside the code...

Thanks,

/Neil