Hi Neil,

> I'm attaching the Embperl tar and the source file. You should
> be able to duplicate what I am seeing using these... if not
> then maybe reality is becoming even more distorted here in
> America than I thought!
>
> ;-)
>
> Let me know if/what you see...

I found the difference. You really used a "bug" in the 1.3 parser.

You wrote [$ hidden $] and I wrote [$hidden$]. The difference is the space
after the hidden. The 1.3 parser interprets this space as an first empty
argument. You can get the same result with [$ hidden , $] (with or without
spaces) in Embperl 2.

I think the way Embperl 2 behaves is more predictable and clean. I don't
think it makes sense to move this bug over to Embperl 2.

You can simple do a   s/hidden/hidden ,/   in your code and things should
work with both versions.

Gerald