Kent A. Reed wrote:
> I was just hopeful because of your last line "No RTAI so far, but that
> might come soon."

Well, Torsten Koschorrek tells me he is STILL working on the port.  Must
have been WAY
harder than he originally thought.  I would have expected that the
BeagleBoard has such
wide application that RTAI would have wanted to make a port available
for it.  I have used
the original BeagleBoard in one project, and it was really great.  It is
a signal multiplexer
to go in an area that becomes inaccessible when equipment is running.
It allows the
operators to remotely check on equipment in that room.  I created a
TCP server, it is a single file of C code about two pages long, and is
started as
a service in the /etc/init.d files.  The ease of setting up the TCP
server was really
mind-boggling.
> I found another hopeful sign just this morning. At
> http://sourceforge.net/project/rtai-cortex/files/ there is a new file
> linux-2.6.20.13-5b27ed7.patch.bz2 (667.9kB) dated 2012-01-13. That's
> less than two weeks ago!

Yes, he's still picking away, but I have no idea how much closer it
might be.

Jon