Joachim Franek

PIBF (Physik Ingenieurbüro Franek)
Ernst-Reuter-Str. 8
63486 Bruchköbel
06181-907353
USt.-IdNr: DE187574683

On Sunday 06 May 2012 19:33:30 dave wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2012 12:54:28 -0400
> EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> > > I'm a bit further away -- San Diego.
> > >
> > > If this can be made to work, it's possible these techniques could
> > > also
> > > be used to help tune PID coefficients. Or at least point out where
> > > there
> > > is marginal loop stability.
> >
> > Sitting down together at a machine might be a bit logistically
> > challenged... We could meet half way in between when I travel back to
> > central Lousiana, but still logistically challenged.
> >
> > It is also to bad that I no longer have access to the 14bit 300Ms/s
> > ADCs I got to play with a little in the past.  That would probably
> > tell us a little bit ;-)
> >
> > But seriously, I think it would be nice if we could come up with some
> > various instruments and examples as an add on toolbox.
> >
> >    EBo --
> >
> Meet at Wichita? Stuart is a great host.
>
> Maybe I'm being too simplistic but hal
> should do this. ... generate a sine wave feed to the amp. Monitor
> response with halscope. Then plot. How you adjust parameters from the
> bode I'm not certain but this is really a pretty bright group and
> someone can provide guidance. :-)
>
> Dave

For one frequency from siggen you get a response from
the drive: also a sine function. Recording both with halscope
you have to measure ampitude and phase:
use levenberg-marquardt form octave for this.
https://staff.ti.bfh.ch/sha1/Octave/index/f/leasqr.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenberg%E2%80%93Marquardt_algorithm
https://engineering.purdue.edu/kak/courses-i-teach/ECE661/HW5_LM_handout.pdf
(Look for other libs etc the wiki page: implementations.)

Result from lm-algo is amplitude and phase shift.

Repeat this step for other frequencies and
plot aplitude and phaseshift  as function of frequency.

Joachim