The Osadl numbers are good ,  and preempt-rt can provide 59 usec for
most systems with some care, BUT .... general works anywhere is hare,
yu have SMI and such ....

 I have been running 100 kHz on steppers on a x86 ... and are
upgrading to x84_64 and MP ...

 I'll be beck with results but I am targeting a 250 kHz stepper loop
and microstepping .....

 It will take a month or more before I get the hardware running ...

 / regards, Lars