I see the entire configure message that scrolls across the screen as the
configure runs. I just have to scroll it down until I see the top. That is
where I saw libgnomeprint and optreset messages. I don't remember seeing
the optreset message before. I have resolved the libgnomeprint before. I
could probably resolve it this time but the concept of diminishing returns
raises it's ugly head. Murphy may be lurking in the weeds. 🤔 We will see.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 1:29 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 August 2020 14:07:19 Jon Elson wrote:

> > > But I was talking about what goes flying by on screen while
> > > ./configure is running.  Much more verbose than the log. You might
> > > have to set scrollback thru history to 50,000 or more to see the
> > > whole thing. But yes, libgnomeprint-2.2 is OLD. optreset I don't
> > > recall seeing so is new to me.
> >
> > You can do this :
> >
> > ./configure 2>&1 | tee configure.log
> >
> > This redirects both std output and error output to one pipe,
> > and tees it so you see the output on the screen and it also
> > writes to the file.
> >
> > Jon
>
> did you copy that Stuart?

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.