Hello,

> My goal for LinuxCnc is to provide a way for any user to interface any
> UI to LinuxCnc with a secure TCP network connection.

There are remote shells to HAL but I agree - would also like to see a bit more
of remote control. My motivation is less about the distance than it is about
controlling multiple machines from the same host - cooperating robots anyone?

I do not exactly know how ROS would come into play, but I presume, that would
be another very close candidate as a controlling agent. I have no idea about
how difficult this would all be to implement.

Steffen