> Gesendet: Montag, 05. Dezember 2022 um 17:33 Uhr
> Von: "Johannes Fassotte" <johan...@automationassist.com>
> An: "EMC developers" <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Betreff: Re: [Emc-developers] A vision for working now to LinuxCnc version 10
>
> DDS looks very interesting and I will plan to look into it more today. Thanks
> for the link to DDS. Future compatibility with other industrial work is very
> important and highly desirable.
>
> Johannes -
> Fairbanks, AK 99712
>
> > On Dec 5, 2022, at 6:13 AM, Bari <bari00...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > A pdf that explains where DDS fits in to industry
> > https://www.dds-foundation.org/sites/default/files/RTILunchAddressOMG2014v2.pdf
> >
> > If we use DDS it might make LCNC compatible with the industry of the
> > future. Is everyone jumping onto the DDS bandwagon? Which messaging system
> > will gives us the best chance at fitting into factory automation, CNC
> > machines and robotics of the near future (next 20 years)? Will this best
> > solve the issues of separating the controls from the GUI over the network
> > as well as connect LCNC to factory controls and robot material handlers?

I guess any such industrial decision making is equally based on the "unknown"
when it comes to interoperability. The EU funds (did fund?) COST actions for
this purpose - bring industrial and academic partners together and squeeze
something like a joint standard out of them. Since quite a number of CNC
companies are located in Europe, it seems like worthwhile to write something up
with them. Any such COST action pays for travel, not for people, except some
smallish side projects when someone visits cross country. Opinions?

> Is this mission creep or killing two birds with one stone?
It is "Two flies with one clap."

Best,
Steffen