On 12/18/22 18:24, Johannes Fassotte wrote:

I had a chance to do some work on OpenDDS while waiting for parts for another project. I installed OpenDDS with its depends on my Linux Mint 20 development computer and made some notes on how I installed it and all the depends. I have not checked out the built in tests yet described in the OpenDDS Developers Guide  which need to run under Perl.

I have put my current install  "first.dds.install" note on github.

https://github.com/auto-mation-assist/LinuxCnc-OpenDDS-Work/install-notes/first.dds.install

Main folder at:

https://github.com/auto-mation-assist/LinuxCnc-OpenDDS-Work

I did not note how long configure ran, but  "make" took about 2 hours,  sudo "make install" about 2 minutes.

Hope the info there will be helpful and will add to these as the project continues.

Johannes,

Thank you for kicking this off.

Looks like a typo in your first link. This works for me:

https://github.com/auto-mation-assist/LinuxCnc-OpenDDS-Work/blob/main/install-notes/first.dds.install