Thank you, Rod! Will definitely try that one.
We need to find some official instructions for the RPi4/5 installation, I
suggest. I looked through our documentation today but did not find anything
beyond the use of RPi GPIOs.

After Seb's comment on using the wrong kernel I had a bit of a facepalm moment
- thank you, Seb! Then I installed a regular arm64-rt kernel but that then
ruined the RPi setup, so after a reboot I had no more Wifi and (worse) the
ventilator was a max, even though the same wrong stock kernel was booting after
the reboot. Sounds like flashing a new SD card to me. And it also sounds like a
guarantee to lose all our new LinuxCNC users on an RPi.

We can certainly do a lot via our custom images for which we could come up with
an RPi5 variant, but preferably we'd have someone in an official position to
prepare the RPi5-rt kernels for everyone, as part of the Raspbian or Debian
distribution, not just us for ourselves. Is there anyone on this list who would
know whom to ask?

Best,
Steffen