I thought that the keys we submit are our *public* keys. Am I mistaken?

If that is the case, there is no need for them to be secure. For someone to
masquerade as a legitimate user, they would need our *private* keys. It is
our individual responsibility to safeguard those.

I suggest that anyone who is worried about the security of their public keys
should read up about the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

In this case, the public key is being used for authentication.

The one danger that I see in the current use of the public key is that
someone could send a key to the admin pretending to be me or Paul, or anyone
else. But since I am just a name (having not met any of you in person), that
shouldn't really matter. Each of us can be judged by what the
changes/enhancements we submit.

Ken

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mark Kenny Products Company, LLC
55 Main Street       Voice: (888)ISO-SEVO (888)476-7386
Newtown, CT 06470                    Fax: (203)426-9138
http://www.MarkKenny.com

....Stuff snipped...

So while a switch may have seemed appropriate at the time, personally I
think
it was probably premature and like Paul - I am unwilling to manually submit
keys to a site which requests them via email. So I will remain a lurker
rather
than becoming more actively involved.

It would be interesting to know how many others feel the same?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL