> My only problem is HAVING to create and manage one for just ONE project as
> have indicated in several replies.

You will only have to do that once you want to contribute to emc directly.
Until then you can still contribute (if you wish):
 - change the wiki
 - send patches
 - send documentation
etc

But if you really want to get involved at developing EMC, and commiting the
changes yourself, you will have to create a keypair (it's really simple,
only a couple of commands, but we'll leave it for then).
Btw, you can use the same technique to gain access at sourceforge too,
except using ssh and typping your password each and everytime, you can set
up a keypair and submit the public key to this page:
http://sourceforge.net/account/editsshkeys.php

Of course the same public key can be used in more than one place (you can
use it at sourceforge, at linuxcnc.org and in a number of other places).

The other part of the keypair, the private key, will be safely stored on
your harddrive (in ~/.ssh/), thus when you connect through ssh to the CVS
server (or shell server), the login will be performed automagically, instead
of you having to type your password.

But as I said all the above is only needed for _developers_ who want to
change the CVS sourcecode.

> And I still can't see how to get Eclipse to
> use it even if I could create it - although we HAVE now established HOW to
> connect to anon via Eclipse so perhaps it's now time to find out where to
> display that information ;)

The information should be on the wiki.linuxcnc.org, which you can
edit/update by yourself.
There is a page called BasicSteps which guides you through the first things
you need to do, before beeing able to edit things.

Hope this clarifies things a bit,
Regards,
Alex