Chris Radek wrote:
> Stuart, everyone who participates on this list and/or the
> emc-developers list is eligible to vote.
>
> That being said, due to a mistake I made, I've created a little mess.
> Let me explain.
>
> I generated the list of emails to give Michael by copy/pasting the
> list from the web-based administration interface for the emc-users and
> emc-developers mailing lists on sourceforge.
>
> This list has a different web page for every letter/number of the
> alphabet,

Yuck.  I thought it was bad when I did that task (previous two
elections) +- at that time they put 50 or so names per page, and it
took about a dozen pages to get everybody.  One page per letter is
worse.  I understand SF is trying to prevent spammers from harvesting
names, but there has got to be a way to allow a legitimate person to
capture the entire list at once.

 > and I copied once for each page.  What I missed was a link
> at the bottom on SOME of the pages for letters that had too many
> subscribers whose emails start with that letter.  In those cases the
> sourceforge web interface breaks the letter into two or more pages.
> For those letters, to my great dismay, I missed some subscribers.
>
> There were approximately 148 eligible voters I accidentally left off
> the list.  These were people with emails starting with the letters
> A,C,D,E,G,J,M,P,S.
>
> With the 14% response rate we received this year, this means we are
> probably missing about 20 votes.  Yours is one of them.
>
> I've talked to Stephen and Alex and I think we all agree that we
> should send ballots to these missed folks and extend the voting
> deadline.  I see a few other options but they don't seem as good.

I'm not on IRC at the moment so they didn't talk to me, but I agree
100%.  Ballots should go out to the missed voters, and ALL voters should
get the opportunity to return their ballots.