Chris Radek wrote:

>Stuart, everyone who participates on this list and/or the
>emc-developers list is eligible to vote.
>
>That being said, due to a mistake I made, I've created a little mess.
>Let me explain.
>
>I generated the list of emails to give Michael by copy/pasting the
>list from the web-based administration interface for the emc-users and
>emc-developers mailing lists on sourceforge.
>
>This list has a different web page for every letter/number of the
>alphabet, and I copied once for each page.  What I missed was a link
>at the bottom on SOME of the pages for letters that had too many
>subscribers whose emails start with that letter.  In those cases the
>sourceforge web interface breaks the letter into two or more pages.
>For those letters, to my great dismay, I missed some subscribers.
>
>There were approximately 148 eligible voters I accidentally left off
>the list.  These were people with emails starting with the letters
>A,C,D,E,G,J,M,P,S.
>
>With the 14% response rate we received this year, this means we are
>probably missing about 20 votes.  Yours is one of them.
>
>I've talked to Stephen and Alex and I think we all agree that we
>should send ballots to these missed folks and extend the voting
>deadline.  I see a few other options but they don't seem as good.

One minor point - I'd suggest that the voting deadline be extended for
those who didn't get ballots, not for everyone else.  Everyone else
already had their chance :)

>I'm really sorry I screwed this up.

Web interfaces like that are a PITA no matter how you slice it.  You did
well to get it mostly right, so don't beat yourself up over it.

>Chris

- Steve