I set up an account for this list - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - through my host,
but couldn't reply to the confirmation email from Thunderbird on Linux at
home. It would send, and go into my outbox, but nothing would ever come of
it. I had to click through to the site (from Thunderbird), and confirm it
there. I then couldn't send, nor reply to any message ever from Thunderbird,
though I tried several times to do both over the past few weeks, hoping it
would finally take. It would, however, always let me send, and reply from
the web interface. I'm not sure why, as it's the same account - just a
different interface on my end, and a different outbound server (verizon at
home / probably my host - hostrocket - at work).  Thunderbird was receiving
every list message, including the ones I'd sent through the web interface.
Every message sent through the web version always made it, and promptly.
Clearly, the Verizon server's version of my mail was just being dropped,
probably by the list, as I've not had that problem sending mail anywhere
else, and have for years now, including to about 5 other list serves.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this, with details, in case anyone in
here has power over these things. Maybe it's just a flipped switch, or
someone's chair is on the internet cable ;)

Also, a big thanks to Gene Heskett for answering my RTAPI error question
from last night. I forgot about my mail troubles, and downloaded the
messages into Thunderbird this morning, and of course, can't reply to that
one now from in there. It would seem I can use this new Gmail address from
now on, so I'm moving to this account, and dumping the cnc@ address from my
host. I use Gmail daily anyway, so it's not a big deal, but it's frustrating
that I can't use any personal email through my own server.

I may have more questions about RTAPI issues, but I'll start a new thread
with this address should it come to that.

Thanks again.
-Gary