Gene Heskett wrote:

> In re the rtapi and unexpected realtime delay issues, I experimented some
> this
> afternoon with my base thread which was set at 78000ns when I started,
> reducing it to 38000ns for the last test, running most of the stuff in the
> nc_files dir to test, and never did see another error AFTER the startup, even
> when running at 200% speeds here.

You never will.

The realtime delay error message is printed only once, the first time
EMC notices a delay.  We don't print it every time because if you have
your period set too low, or you have a computer with bad realtime
issues, you could get hundreds or thousands of those messages every second.

Only printing the message once solves that problem, but it means that
you really don't know how often you are getting a delay.  But DON'T
think just because you get it only once that it is happening only once.

Regards,

John Kasunich