On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 10:45 -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> It's the C3 processors that seem to have the problem.

I've run EMC and real time on C3 sorts of processors almost as long as
I've been running EMC.  I was doing it when Yodakin and FMS was saying
you couldn't.  If I remember IBM owned em way back then.

My jetway MiniITX Via 1G board holds a record for one of the smallest
jitter numbers listed on the wiki.  That is with the onboard display.

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Latency-Test

> A lack of PCI
> slots makes ITX less desirable for me, plus micro-ATX boards tend to be
> much cheaper and not that much bigger.

Both true.  I get around the single PCI slot by adding a dual riser card
but if I populate that slot with a Mesa I can build up a pretty
impressive system in a pretty small space.

As for cheap, I'm as much into it as the next person but I also like
some stability over time and Jetway assured me that there were four more
years of the board I've got.  Try that with a "consumer" board.  I've
got two "identical" boxes built the same week with different versions of
mobo.

m2cw

Ray