Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> I replied off list because the log files were too large for this list.

Good call.

> At any rate, I captured the dmesg log by running
> dmesg > dmesg.txt
>
> Right after running EMC.
>
> The syslog file looks like everything since I first booted the system this
> morning. The last entry is at 13:10 (1:10 PM).

Hm, and the hostmot2 pins & functions & stuff were all available in EMC
when you ran it?  There really should have been something in the logs.

Or wait, is RTAPI_MSG_INFO disabled by default?  Most of my messages are
at that level, because the next higher level is WARNING, and they're not
warnings....

Try this: run "echo 4 | sudo dd of=/proc/rtapi/debug" after "realtime
start" but before loading the hostmot2 driver.  Then run dmesg again and
  send it to me (not to the list).

Thanks!

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
Computer Science for life, that's my direction