Eric H. Johnson wrote:

> Any idea what is causing the following errors? I suspect it is the feedback,
> because as I make the servo period faster, I can then have the motor go
> faster. I am probably missing something obvious, but it seems like it needs
> a dead band or something like that, except I tried setting a dead band and
> that doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Eric

Following errors happen when the position feedback fails to track the
command within a tolerance.  That tolerance is specified in your ini
file - what values do you have?

Seb has acknowledged that there are issues and is working on it.
Further speculation, especially without hard data, is pointless.

If you are curious about what is going on, break out halscope and take a
look.  The command, the feedback, the error, and the error limits are
all available as HAL pins or parameters, and there is also a "faulted"
parameter that can be used to trigger the scope.

Regards,

John Kasunich