Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> The enable pin for the PWM is getting set. If I set the enable to true, and
> then set the value to say 5.0, when I do a show pin I do in fact see that
> the enable pin is true and that the pwm value pin is 5.0.
>
> Per your other email, I would think that this also proves that the scale is
> set correctly. It is set to 1.0 in the ini file.
>
> I don't have access to the machine at the moment, but I will check these
> again as soon as I can get back to the machine.

Yep, sounds like all the HAL pins & params are set right.  Just to make
sure, you've added the hm2_5i20.read() and .write() functions to a
realtime thread, and you've started the realtime kernel, right?

Next I'd want to check the electrical state of the IO pins.  With
SVST8_4, pwmgen.00 appears on pins 15 (PWM), 19 (Dir), and 23 (Not
Enable).  Bust out a voltmeter and carefully hook it to pin 23.  Then
twiddle pwmgen.00.enable high and low and see if the voltage on pin 23
varies as expected (0V when .enable is 1).

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
"Much of what we learned from the sense of touch was unscientific